Need assistance settling in Canada?
Our settlement support services assist newcomers of all ages to adjust and integrate into Canadian society and connect with community resources. We offer individual support and group sessions in over 30 languages.
Services available include:
- Individual assessment of the newcomer’s settlement needs and development of a detailed settlement plan
- Workshops to help newcomers develop an understanding of life in Canada
- Group activities such as youth leadership and women’s networking groups to build social networks and support integration
- Making connections with available community services in the areas of health, housing, education, childcare, employment, finance, immigration, post-secondary education, language learning and legal supports.
- Help with understanding and completing government forms and applications
- Connection with community and volunteer opportunities
- Help in preparing for the citizenship test
- Ongoing support to meet settlement and integration needs of newcomers and their families
Most newcomers face emotional challenges due to the stress of the immigration and settlement process. Our Mental Health Program in the Peel region offers cultural and language specific counselling to newcomer individuals, couples and families. Through individual counselling and educational workshops, newcomers will receive the support and tools needed to manage the challenges of stress, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, parenting, family conflict, trauma and other life transitions. Services are currently available in Hindi, Arabic and English (Peel Region only).
All services are provided at our main CCS locations as well as in libraries, community centres and at partner organizations.
For more information please contact us:
Toronto (55 Town Centre Court): 416-757-7010
Toronto (3227 Eglinton Ave East): 416-266-7200