New to Canada and looking for work?
Canadian workplace culture and job search process in Canada can be very different from other countries. Understanding the job market and learning new strategies for finding employment in Canada will better prepare newcomers to find jobs.
We offer newcomers an orientation to the Canadian job market, job search preparation, and information sessions and strategies on finding employment
- Workshops on job search, labour market information and Canadian workplace culture
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation
- Career related information sessions and opportunities for networking with employers
- Specialized language training and volunteer placement opportunities for internationally trained health care professionals (Toronto only). Eligibility criteria apply.
- Sector- specific language training and volunteer placement opportunities for newcomers wishing to enter food handling and supply childminding fields (Toronto only). Eligibility criteria apply.
Small Business Support
Small Business Support for newcomers with basic English. We support eligible newcomers with activities and resources to overcome barriers in accessing available services for starting their own business.
- Workshops on entrepreneurship basics
- Networking activities
- Information sessions on self employment
- Referrals to applicable community services
For more information contact us: